St. Paul AME Church, Irmo, SC 29063
Saint Paul African Methodist Episcopal (A.M.E) Church had a very informal beginning as a bush arbor, a thicket of bushes arranged in such a way to provide shelter for worshipers. The bush arbor was located near Geiger Hill Cemetery - near what is known today as Connie Wright Road, approximately 3 miles north of the current location. The bush arbor was established around 1835 and existed for nearly 30 years. The first minister of the bush arbor church was Reverend Jerry Reeves.
The church continued to progress and was moved to its present site in 1930 and changed its name to Saint Paul A.M.E. The church was moved from its original site because the old Nicholas Creek constantly overflowed, making it extremely difficult for members to cross over.
Boy Scout Troop 0511
CubMaster: Reginald Slade [email protected]
Chartered Organization Representative: Valerie Butler [email protected]
Chartered Organization Representative:
Venturing Crew Advisor:
|Scout Group Type|